Skip to main content

DA14586 broadcast consecutively

4 months ago

DA14586 broadcast consecutively

Posted byLiBing0 points 4 replies
0 upvotes

Hi,

We need DA14586 broadcast (Non Connectable advertise)two packets consecutively every 3 seconds. Every packet has 31 bytes. The contents of the packets are different. Is there any way to implement it?

Sorry for my English, I hope my question is clear.

Thank you.

Best Wishes.

4 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi LiBing,

Thanks for your question online and for your interest in our BLE solution. Could you please clarify it? So, do you want to advertise (non-connectable) just for 2 times and then stop?

Thanks, PM_Dialog

4 months ago

LiBing 0 points

Hi PM_Dialog,

Thank you very much for your reply.

We want to broadcast two different packets at every 3 seconds(at 3/6/9... second), Go to sleep mode after each broadcast.

e.g.

broadcast 1st packet, broadcast 2nd packet -> sleep 3 second -> broadcast 1st packet, broadcast 2nd packet -> sleep 3 second -> broadcast 1st packet, broadcast 2nd packet...

Thank you.

4 months ago

LiBing 0 points

我说清楚了吗?

4 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi LiBing,

So, you will need to count the adverting events and then go into sleep mode for 3sec. To wake-up from sleep automatically, please use the app_easy_timer(). In order to count advertising events, you should define the CFG_PRODUCTION_TEST macro. In the rwble.c file there are two variables namely test_tx_packet_nr and test_rx_irq_cnt in the BLE_RF_DIAG_Handler. To do so, you will have to declare the same variables in your application file. For example if you would like to count the Tx events, please declare the test_tx_packet_nr variable. When this variable has the desired Tx events, then you should stop advertising and put the device into sleep mode.

Thanks, PM_Dialog