Skip to main content

Fixed Frequency Output without DTM Firmware

3 months ago

Fixed Frequency Output without DTM Firmware

Posted bymbwjr120 points 3 replies
0 upvotes

Hi Dialog,

Is there an example to simply configure the device for fixed frequency output? My certification house is requesting that I provide samples that output at low, medium, and high frequencies without requiring software configuration like with SmartSnippets Toolbox.

I suppose I could hack up the prod_test firmware, but I was looking for something more straightforward.

Thanks,

Mike

3 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi mbwjr12,

Thanks for your question. So, if am not mistaken you would like to run the prod_test firmware without using the SS Toolbox RF Master. Is my understanding correct?

If yes, please take a look at theUM-B-146-DA14585-DA14531-HCI Commandsapplication note that describes the HCI commands for the DA14531 which are related to the prod_test project in the SDK. The RF Master is sending that commands over UART, so you can send them over UART and execute the proper RF tests too.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

3 months ago

mbwjr12 0 points

我是寻找一个计算机ter-less way to send fixed frequency samples to our certification lab. They don't want to have to fiddle with a variety of programs and installing them to do the testing. The cables and connects are a pain, too, and sometimes break in shipping.

I found a way to hack up the prod_test project for anyone else who needs this:

In dialog_prod.c, add #include "dialog_commands.h".

In dialog_prod.c, in void user_app_on_init(void), add this at the very end:

struct hci_unmodulated_on_dialog_cmd p = {UNMODULATED_CMD_MODE_TX, 0}; dialog_commands_unmodulated_on_handler(0, &p, 0, 0);

You can change the 0 in the struct to anything between 0 and 0x27 for the highest to lowest frequencies.

In dialog_commands.c, remove the static from dialog_commands_unmodulated_on_handler().

If you need to configure the output power, you can do the same thing with dialog_commands_set_tx_power_handler().

I'm sure there's probably a cleaner way to do this, but I just needed to hack a few samples up for this fixed purpose.

3 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi mbwjr12,

Thanks for the feedback and your suggestions.

Thanks, PM_Dialog