⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
paolog
DA14531 bricked after programming

Hi!

I started programming the DA14531 using the USB Development Kit. I'm working on the SDK examples and using the standalone flash programmer. All good, until I possibly did something wrong in the modifications, and I'm currently unable to access the DK. The JTAG is recognized when the USB DK is connected, but the DA14531 is not replying (tried with Keil 5). I also tried the 1-wire boot, but the reply is "wrong CRC" after pressing the reset button. Is there a way to recover that board?

Any idea about the reason why the DA14531 is not replying? Maybe the firmware is in a dead loop?

Thank you,

Paolo

Device:
paolog
Nevermind... I managed to

Nevermind... I managed to recover it this way:

- Connected with SmartSnippets by 1-wire UART, port P0_5

- Loaded in SysRAM a working example

- With the example running I flashed the same example using 1-wire UART

After that JTAG/SWD communication was restored.

Going on playing with the kit!

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi paolog,

Hi paolog,

Thanks for your interest in our DA14531 BLE solution and glad that you are able to download FW into the System-RAM via 1-wire UART.

If you need to download FW via JTAG and start debugging our SDK Example, please make sure that the DIP Switches are place to the proper position. See Figure 6 from theUM-B-125 User Manual DA14531 USB Development Kit Hardwaredocument.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

paolog
Found it, thank you!

Found it, thank you!