Skip to main content

Problem downloading code with DA14531 Development kit USB

10 months ago

Problem downloading code with DA14531 Development kit USB

Posted bytamram0 points 13 replies
0 upvotes

Hi all,

I recently got started with the DA14531-00FXDEVKT-U (Development Kit-USB) but I am unable to download code to it using Keil uVision. I'm using the examples that came with the SDK (tried blinky and UART).

I have been following the instructions as perhttp://lpccs-docs.dialog-semiconductor.com/UM-B-117-DA14531-Getting-Sta…“目标选项”对话框窗口设置正确。

Although debugging works (to an extent - I do not get UART printouts in my terminal emulator) with these; when I build the files and then press the 'Download' button (F8) I get the following error (no other output):

--- Error: failed to execute ' '

So I suppose my question is twofold:

1.为什么我的终端仿真器中没有UART打印输出(它是根据http://lpccs-docs.dialog-semiconductor.com/UM-B-117-DA14531-Getting-Sta…)

2.How do I go about tracing where the--- Error: failed to execute ' 'error comes from and find a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help!

10 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi talamram,

I would recommend first checking theGetting Started with SDK6 (HTML).

Please see section 2 / Fig. 3 and ensure that you have the same configuration:

http://lpccs-docs.dialog-semiconductor.com/Tutorial_SDK6/preparing.html

10节中,你会发现如何使用步骤UART for printing debugging information.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

10 months ago

tamram 0 points

谢谢你的回复。

I can confirm that the configuration of my board is according to section 2 / Fig. 3

Currently, I am trying the example as layed out inhttp://lpccs-docs.dialog-semiconductor.com/Tutorial_SDK6/bd_name.html#b…

However, it seems to me that this tutorial mentions files that don't exist in the sdk sample projects, namely:

user_peripheral_template.h
用户\外围设备\模板.c

This project does contain:

user_empty_peripheral_template.h
user_empty_peripheral_template.c

Thanks for any clarification on this. I am using SDK 6.0.14.1114

10 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi talamram,

Thanks for your finding! Could you please double check if you are following the proper steps?

If I am not mistaken, you are unable to perform step 6.1. Can you please run it in debug mode and add a BKPT in memcpy() ? Is the new device name mem-copied correctly?

Thanks , PM_Dialog

10 months ago

tamram 0 points

Yes I have double checked with a clean install of the SDK and have followed the proper steps.

我建议你检查一下SDK_6.0.14.1114\DA145xx_SDK\6.0.14.1114\projects\target_apps\templatevs the instructions in the tutorial. Also, is there a reason the tutorial does not state the enclosing folder of the files it mentions?

10 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi talamram,

I have followed steps 5 and 6. Can you please clarify again what is the problem? Is this one in your initial post?

The files can be found under the Project tree in the Keil IDE. However, I will ask if we can add the folders too.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

10 months ago

tamram 0 points

The problem is that I can't download a program to the target ;) I am trying out these tutorials, but I'm getting stuck at a pretty early stage.

Please see my screenshots of the file tree from Keil attached (all the user folders), the filesuser_peripheral_template.hand用户\外围设备\模板.care not present in the file tree.

Attachment Size
Keil-Filetree.pdf 222.82 KB

10 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi talamram,

请使用user\u empty\u peripheral\u template.h/.c而不是user\u peripheral\u template.h/.c

Are you trying through the Keil IDE to download FW onto target? Are you getting any error?

Thanks, PM_Dialog

10 months ago

tamram 0 points

Ok, I will use user_empty_peripheral_template.h / .c instead of user_peripheral_template.h / .c

Regarding downloading to the target; I am using KEIL IDE. And yes, I am getting an error, like I mentioned in my first post:

Although debugging works (to an extent - I do not get UART printouts in my terminal emulator) with these; when I build the files and then press the 'Download' button (F8) I get the following error (no other output):

--- Error: failed to execute ' '

Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

10 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi talamram,

Please share screenshots showing the steps and the error. I'd like to replicate it.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

10 months ago

tamram 0 points

谢谢你的迅速回复。不幸的是,我明天才能使用开发工具包。我将在大约24小时后发回;谢谢您!

10 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi talamram,

OK - please share the screeonshots tomorrow!

Thanks, PM_Dialog

10 months ago

tamram 0 points

Hi PM_Dialog,

So, using user_empty_peripheral_template.h / .c instead of user_peripheral_template.h / .c worked and I have been able to successfully go through all steps in section 6.

Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself, but when I click the Download button (highlighted in red), I get the error--- Error: failed to execute ' '

Attachment Size
png2pdf.pdf 592.14 KB
接受答案!

10 months ago

PM_Dialog

Hi tamram,

Yes this is the expected behavior, as the Keil IDE is not used for downloading the FW into flash, If you hover on this button, you will see that this button is for loading the code into flash memory. In case you need to burn the SPI flash you should you the SmartSnippets toolsbox.

From the Keil IDE, you can download the code to System-RAM. Please press twice the Start/Stop Debug session button and the application code will be automatically loaded to System-RAm and the chip will boot from there. Please see the attached capture.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

Attachment Size
捕获.zip 48.09 KB