Skip to main content

Direct Test mode in DA 14585 using BLE tester MTP200B

2 years ago

Direct Test mode in DA 14585 using BLE tester MTP200B

Posted bywisilica0 points 3 replies
0 upvotes

Hi,
I am performing direct test mode on DA 14585 chipset using prod_test_585.hex and ble tester MTP200B. Steps followed are as follows :
1. Flashed DA 14585 board(PRO) with prod_test_585.hex using smart snippets toolbox via JTAG
2. Connected the UART rx and tx of board to USB to TTL converter and then to PC.
3.In the settings tab of the BLE tester software, selected 2-wire UART option(2 options are available - 2-wire and HCI - UART), baud rate of 115200 and opened the corresponding port.
4. Connect the RF port of tester to that of board.
5. But when the tests were run, it is showing no response from DUT.
What could be the possible reasons for the same? Kindly suggest

Thanks
Wisilica

2 years ago

PM_Dialog

Hi wisilica,

Could you please clarify what you mean with “showing no response from DUT”? Do you mean that since you downloaded the production test code, the device does not respond to the UART commands of the Smart Snippets? Have you changed anything in the prod_test firmware? The device should boot as soon as you hit the reset, and should be ready to accept UART commands, you should see the responses in green in the Smart Snippets Toolbox.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

2 years ago

wisilica 0 points

Hi,
I am not using Smart Snippets toolbox software, but another software specific to the BLE tester MTP200B known as remote echo program.
Steps followed
1. The prod test firmware was not modified. The firmware was programmed into the RAM in debug mode.
2. The P0_4 and P0_5 (UART TX RX) of DA14585 PRO board was connected to the RX and TX of USB-TTL converter and then to PC.
3. The BLE tester was connected to the PC via USB cable.The rf port of tester was connected to the antenna port of PRO board.
4. The remote program sw communicates with the DUT(DA14585 pro board) via UART and sends commands corresponding to the particular direct test mode commands.
Attached is the screenshot of the tool we are using to communicate to the BLE tester and DUT. COM12 is the port to which USB-TTL is connected.
I would like to know if prod_test_85.hex is a generic direct test mode firmware which can be used with any standard BLE tester tools.

Attachment 大小
MTP200B.zip 576.93 KB

2 years ago

PM_Dialog

Hi wisilica,

Since you are using the Pro-DK, could you please make sure that you have placed the jumpers in the correct pins. Please check the figure 5 in the
UM-B-034 DA14580/581/583 Development Kit - Pro User Manualfrom our support page. The tool’s configurations have been made seem good. Also, I hghly recommend you to read the DA1458x Bluetooth Direct Test Mode (AN-B-007) document. You could find it under the following link:https://support.dialog-semiconductor.com/system/files/resources/AN-B-007_DA1458x_Bluetooth%20Direct%20Test%20Mode_v1.2.pdf

Thanks, PM_DIalog