DA9063 Not using the RTC

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Earl
加入:2017-12-14 10:35
DA9063 Not using the RTC

Hi Dialog, I want to use the DA9063 in my design. I was wondering about the xtal and RTC. I have no intention to use the RTC. I was wondering if I can just remove the XTAL. If so, what should I do with the pins? Also, will the switching frequency of the DCDCs be affected?
Thanks!
Earl

Device:
ED_Dialog
工作人员
加入:2017-09-18 11:54
Hello Earl,

Hello Earl,

The DA9063 will work fine without the RTC enabled and will not affect the switching frequency. To disenable the RTC, make sure RTC_EN is disserted, then ground XTAL_IN, XTAL_OUT and OUT_32K. However not using the RTC will affect the period of the watchdog, as it will now run of the internal clock and not the external 32 KHz.

Kind Regards,

Elliott Dexter

Earl
加入:2017-12-14 10:35
Thanks Elliott, that is real

Thanks Elliott, that is real useful information. How does it effect the watchdog period?
Earl

ED_Dialog
工作人员
加入:2017-09-18 11:54
Hi Earl,

Hi Earl,

With RTC disenabled, the watchdog will run of the internal clock which has a frequency of 26 KHz, which is slower than an external 32 KHz. This means that the watch dog timing will take 23% longer. Also I should of mention in the previous post, if you plan on not using the RTC, Register EN_32KOUT will need to be disenabled and register CRYSTAL will need to be set to 0.

Kind Regards,

Elliott Dexter

Topic locked