Proper steps required to test a programmed PMIC with DA9062-EVAL3 board

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
xmarine007
加入:2020-02-23 17:11
Proper steps required to test a programmed PMIC with DA9062-EVAL3 board

What are the steps required to test a programmed PMIC?

In other words, once the PMIC IC is just programmed, with the DA9062-EVAL3 board powered up from the bench power supply and USB plugged into PC USB hub, do we just
(1) turn off the bench supply (while keeping the USB plugged in the PC)
(2) switch TP from TP_ON to TP_OFF
(3) turn on the bench supply and monitor the VBUCK and VLDO rails and sequencing with an oscilloscope

Is that the correct sequence? I haven't been able to find any documentation on proper testing. I want to make sure the board doesn't get damaged by putting it in a weird state.

Thanks,
JL

Device:
ED_Dialog
Staff
加入:2017-09-18 11:54
Hello JL,

Hello JL,

The PMIC can be tested in power commander mode as well as programmed mode. The sequencer, bucks/LDOs, GPIOs and most states can be tested in the power commander mode.

Testing in programmed mode is ideal for testing shutdown features, autoboot and any function/state that reloads the OTP.

When testing in programmed mode or in PowerCommander mode, i would recommend powering the device from an external supply and not the USB, you can then have an increased current limit. The USB will need to be connected so you can communicate with the device to monitor its state and/or make I2C writes to the device.

The DA9061/62 eval board and GUI has a software controlled Powercommander mode, so the switch can be left in its normal position, you will just need to disable powercommander mode in the software.

All pins have been brought out and most have jumpers, so you can monitor: Input/output of regulators, monitor core voltage, use GPIOs to control the sequencer or trigger DVC or on/off control…etc

Kind regards,
Elliott

xmarine007
加入:2020-02-23 17:11
伟大的信息! !Thanks so much,

伟大的信息! !非常感谢,艾略特。

JL