DA9062 with 3M™ Textool™ sockets after enable Buck1-4 the IC crash

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
at_ap
加入:2018-07-29 12:30
DA9062 with 3M™ Textool™ sockets after enable Buck1-4 the IC crash

Hello,

after some problems with the programming of our first DA9062 our Zynq borad work well since month!

So we decided to go with the DA9062 also with our next boards. That was the reason to make a Socket-Board. So we can pre-programm and test our DA9062 and when it works fine we can use this chips in our production. We use the same schematic for our Socket-board that we also use for our previouse zynq-board.

but with the Socket-board we have a big problem:

when we enable one of the bucks in the smartcanvas the DA9062 crash (no I2C communication possible)- we need to do a power-cycle.

The LDO and the GPIOs works fine.

we check the pinning of the socket-connector it is finebut the tracelength to the inductors and capacitors a longer. does anybody try a the DA9062 with the Textool™ Series 240-5205-01 it is the version with the ground-pin!https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3m/240-5205-01/3M10829-ND/3133922

thanks in advance

Alex

Device:
ED_Dialog
Staff
加入:2017-09-18 11:54
Hello Alex,

Hello Alex,

Did you use the 240-5205-01 with the orignal batch of parts?

Kind regards,
Elliott

at_ap
hello,

hello,

yes, we use the same parts as in our zynq-board

ED_Dialog
Staff
加入:2017-09-18 11:54
Hello,

Hello,

Sorry for the slow reponse, I am OOO at the moment. If i understand the situation correctly, the PMIC is working correctly, you enable a buck convertor and then the Buck output collapses?

I have a few questions on your set-up:

• How long does it take before the Buck output collapses?
  • 所有的美元导致崩溃或specific buck?
  • How have has the buck mode been configured (Auto, SYNC, Sleep)?
  • Do you see any other behaviour change when the buck turns off?
  • Which OTP/standard variant?
  • When the Buck enable do you see a droop on Vsys?

Kind regards,

Elliott

at_ap
yes we can do everthing with

yes we can do everthing with the DA9062, but in the moent we enable the buck, the device crash,

• How long does it take before the Buck output collapses?
    immediatly - this means I enable the Buck and the device crash
  • 所有的美元导致崩溃或specific bucks
    yes
  • How have has the buck mode been configured (Auto, SYNC, Sleep)?
    we try the different modes for but everytime we enable the buck the chip crash
  • Do you see any other behaviour change when the buck turns off?
    no
  • Which OTP/standard variant?
    we try one chip with otp but is the same
  • When the Buck enable do you see a droop on Vsys?
    there is no drop on vsys, I also solder some addition supply caps to the pins of the soket

yesterday I try 0,72V for example, the buck starts but i see a a sawtooth vpp = 0,5V and the fsaw= 1,7331kHz with a (1µH = 1285AS-H-1R0M) C= 22µF and a 1k5 load. then i try a different inductor direct soldere on the pins of the soket (1µH = MAMK2520T1ROM) I also get sawtooth with 1.139Hz and Vpp= 0,5V.

honestly I think that the problem is a combination of the soket and the tracelength

Alex