DA7212 I2S word length

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
thgu
加入:2019-01-14 09:26
DA7212 I2S word length

Hi,

I am working at DA7212 and I2S data. I have set DAI_WORD_LENGTH to 24-bits, but for me it seems like the DOUT is "only" 23-bit. The same happens if I set the length to 16-bits, the DOUT data seems to be 15-bits. I have attached a screenshot showing the I2S data. Yellow=BCLK, red=WCLK, blue=DOUT. Is it rigth that the DOUT is only 23-bits or am I missing something?

Attachment:
Device:
bmcadam
Staff
加入:2015-09-16 16:25
Hello,

Hello,

We should be producing the correct number of bits for the selected DAI_Word_Length. I would ensure that there is no DAI_Offset being applied, which is a setting in the DAI.

Regards,

thgu
加入:2019-01-14 09:26
Hi,

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I was wrong about the DOUT word length when DAI_WORD_LENGTH is set to 16-bits, the DA7212 DOUT output is 16-bits. When DAI_WORD_LENGTH is set to 20-bits, DA7212 also outputs 20-bits. But when DAI_WORD_LENGTH is set to 24-bits, we only get 23-bits of data. The same happens when we set DAI_WORD_LENGTH to 32 bit, we only get 23-bits of data.

DAI_FORMAT is set to I2S and DAI_FORMAT is set to default.

我有试着用DA运行相同的测试7218, and there everything looks as expected, DOUT is 24-bits.

I have attached the script I use for DA7212.