DA7212 - Headphone Detect Signal

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
philippe.whittom
加入:2019-03-18 12:30
DA7212 - Headphone Detect Signal

Hi - I've been looking into the DA7212 Datasheet and did not find any indication on Headphone insertion detect. Do you have reference design for this ? we would like to switch from speaker to headphone as soon as the headphones are inserted.

Best regards,

Device:
ED_Dialog
工作人员
加入:2017-09-18 11:54
Hi Philippe,

Hi Philippe,

The DA7212 does not have a jack detect built in. So you would need to use an external IC for this, once this detects headphone insertion you would then just perform some I2C writes. We have a device call a GreenPAK that can be used as a Jack detect.

The other option is that we could use a different Codec, we have to codec that have a jact detect. One is the DA7217 and other is the DA7219. The DA7218 has a basic detect and the DA7219 has an advanced jack detect.

Kind regards,
Elliott

philippe.whittom
加入:2019-03-18 12:30
Any issue on adding serial

Any issue on adding serial Caps at the output of the Headphone so i can create my own detection circuitery with a bias on one channel ? Thanks again !