Programming the DA14585 DevKit on board SPI flash

Learn MoreFAQsTutorials

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
rorbech
加入:2019-08-09 13:22
Programming the DA14585 DevKit on board SPI flash

Hi

I am trying to flash the SPI flash on my DA14585 development board using SmartSnippet Toolbox's SPI Flash Programmer. I basically follow the approach from section 9.2 of "UM-B-012 DA14580/581/583 Creation of a secondary bootloader", but I am in doubt about the supposed pin configuration. If I use the SPI configuration (figure 5 of UM-B-048, matching the SmartSnippet configuration SPI_CLK: P0_0, SPI_EN: P0_3, SPI_DI:P0_5, SPI_D0: P0_6) I cannot download the flash_programmer.bin as SmartSnippets does not seem to recognize the hardware reset.

开始download procedure... Please press the hardware reset button on the board to start the download process.

If I use the UART configuration (figure 3 of UM-B-048) I can download the programmer but cannot perform any flash operations (Read, Erase, Burn, etc.) getting

Timeout while waiting to receive the most significant byte of packet lenght (10000msecs)

Can you confirm that it is actually possible to burn the flash using SmartSnippet SPI flash programmer, how the pin configuration should be, or any other information on where I am wrong.

The board works well when loading the application directly to SysRam and running it from there.

Device:
PM_Dialog
工作人员
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
Hi rorbech,

Hi rorbech,

Thanks for your question online. For the usage of SmartSnippets Toolbox, I would recommend you to read theUM-B-083 SmartSnippets Toolbox User Manual (HTML)document.

Which SDK are you using? In order to burn the SPI Flash with your application code, the flash_programmer.bin should not be burnt into the Flash. When opening the SmartSnippets toolbox, there are two options available to connect, either through UART or JTAG. If you connect over UART, reset is required, so expect from the SPI flash jumper configurations, you should have the UART jumper configuration as well. I assume that you are using the Pro-DK. Please let me know if you need further support on the jumpers’ configuration. In case of JTAG, reset is not needed.

1. Refer to Section 7 Board Setup of the UM-B-083 document and make sure that you have the correct SPI Flash pin configuration. The configuration should be according to the use_periph_setup.h of your application.
  2. After that, read section 13 SPI Flash Programmer. If you are connected through UART, you should press the reset button from the Pro-DK. In case of JTAG, as mentioned before, reset is not needed, so you should be able to connect, read and burn the SPI flash.

Thanks, PM_Dialog

rorbech
加入:2019-08-09 13:22
Hi

Hi

Thanks for the input. Since the jumper configurations where using the same pins, I just assumed that it would mess up connecting the pins to poth SPI and UART. But it seems to work.

I now managed to burn and boot the application from the flash.

PM_Dialog
工作人员
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
Hi rorbech,

Hi rorbech,

In the Pro-Dk, the SPI_MISO and UART_TX share the same pin (P0_5), so three-way jumper should be used in case you connect over UART.

Glad that you can connect and boot from flash. Many thanks for accepting my answer.

Thanks, PM_Dialog