How to use DA1469X pro kit mother board to debug target board

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
9 posts / 0 new
Last post
jlzheng
How to use DA1469X pro kit mother board to debug target board

Hi, Dialog,

We use da14695 db on our targrt design, so need to connect pro kit mb to 14695 db with SWD lines. We connect db J4 to mb J3, using P0_11 as swdclk, P0_10 as swdio, but failed, the message is "Could not connect to target. Please check power, connection and settings."

How can I get it work?

thanks.

JL Zheng

Device:
MHv_Dialog
Staff
Make sure that your wires are

Make sure that your wires are as short as possible (3inches max) and that GND connection is solid. It is also recommended to run the reset signal, but this should not be required.

/MHv

jlzheng
Thanks for your quick

谢谢你的快速反应。

I cut the wire to less then 2 inches and still don't work, but ok when plug the db to mb socket. Anything else could I try?

thanks.

KevinL
Staff
Hi Jizheng,

Hi Zheng,

Find S1 switch on the DK board, and disconnect M33_SWDIO and P0_10, M33_SWCLK and P0_11. Connect your target board SWDIO pin to TP49, SWCLK to TP54.

And make sure the DA1469x daugter board is on the mother board.

BR,

Kevin

jlzheng
Dear Kevin,

Dear Kevin,

Thanks for your advise. I need the DB to be on the target board, also the test point is not a stable way to connect. Could Segger OB work independently without DB? So maybe other solution base on p0_10 and p0_11 exist?

Best Regards,

JL Zheng

KevinL
Staff
Hi Zheng,

Hi Zheng,

Please provide 3V power to J4.28(V30) pin if you want to remove the DB. You can download the DK schematic from Dialog website.

BR,

Kevin

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Zheng,

Hi Zheng,

Apologies but I cannot understand your last comment. I read the previous comments and your requirement is to program your custom board using the Pro-DK. MHv_Dialog and KevinL have already let you know how to do it. Did you try our suggestions?

Thanks, PM_Dialog

jlzheng
Hi, PM_Dialog and Kevin,

Hi, PM_Dialog and Kevin,

Thanks Kevin for providing the answer to solve the problem, others are optional.

BR,

JL Zheng

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Zheng,

Hi Zheng,

Thanks for accepting our answer and glad that you figured your issue out.

Thanks, PM_Dialog