How to change the firmware in SmartBond DA14583 IoT Sensor Dongle

Learn MoreFAQsTutorials

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
khiroaki0613
加入:2020-07-08 05:48
How to change the firmware in SmartBond DA14583 IoT Sensor Dongle

Hi,

我买了SmartBond DA14583物联网传感器盾le and am testing it.

I ran into the problem around changing the acceleration range, and found the following topic.

https://support.dialog-semiconductor.com/could-not-set-acceleration-range-da14583-iot-sensor-development-kit

Then I followed the instruction in the above link, and change the source code.

However, I cannot figure out how to apply it to the device.

Does anyone tell me the way to apply change of the source code to the device, or location of some documents?

Device:
PM_Dialog
Staff
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
Hi khiroaki0613

Hi khiroaki0613

Thanks for your question but DA14583 IoT Sensor Kit is obsolete and for new design we strongly recommend the DA14585 IoT Multi Sensor Development Kit.

//www.xmece.com/products/da14585-iot-multi-sensor-development-kit

Could you please let us know if there is any specific reason why you have selected the DA14583 IoT Sensor Kit?

If you are starting a new design / project, we would strongly recommend to start with DA14531 or DA14585/586 products and our latest SDK6.0.14, as it is much more improved. We have a lot of code examples and improved documentation, and there is also software roadmap support. There is no software roadmap support for DA14580 product family and SDK5.

Please check out DA14531:

//www.xmece.com/products/connectivity/bluetooth-low-energy/products/da14531

We also have a DA14531 module, namely DA14531 SmartBond TINY™ Module! It has very small dimensions and is very low power. Follow the link below to find datasheet, documentation and HW collaterals for the module:

//www.xmece.com/products/bluetooth-module-da14531-smartbond-tiny

There also reference designs that you will help you to reduce the developing stage, as you don’t need to spend so much time in developing your application code.

CodeLess

The CodeLess allows you to quickly get started with wireless IoT applications with a set of AT Commands. The CodeLess AT commands platform allows control over a local UART connected device as well as a remote device via BLE. You can create simple demos / applications / proof of concepts without any code development or build you own application on top!

//www.xmece.com/products/smartbond-codeless-commands

Dialog Serial Port Service (DSPS)

The DSPS emulates a serial cable communication. It provides a simple substitute for RS-232 connections, including the familiar software flow control logic via Bluetooth low energy. The SPS software distribution includes the application and profile source codes and supports GAP Central/Peripheral roles.

//www.xmece.com/products/dialog-serial-port-service-dsps

Thanks, PM_Dialog

khiroaki0613
加入:2020-07-08 05:48
Hi, Dialog

Hi, Dialog

I'm sorry, I can't get the point.

Is it possible to change the firmware of DA14583?

PM_Dialog
Staff
加入:2018-02-08 11:03
Hi there,

Hi there,

Do you mean if is possible to re-programm the DA14583 with your own firmware?

Please check out the user guides from the support portal ://www.xmece.com/iotsensor

Thansk, PM_Dialog