DA14531 module JTAG connection for programming

⚠️
Hi there.. thanks for coming to the forums. Exciting news! we’re now in the process of moving to our new forum platform that will offer better functionality and is contained within the main Dialog website. All posts and accounts have been migrated. We’re now accepting traffic on the new forum only - please POST any new threads at//www.xmece.com/support. We’ll be fixing bugs / optimising the searching and tagging over the coming days.
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
paolog
DA14531 module JTAG connection for programming

Hi! I just started evaluating the DA14531 module for a new BLE project, and I'd like to program it with the Codeless firmware from the SDK. I'm not using any development kit, but I'd like to connect the module to a Segger Jlink 20-pin connector. Which is the correct way to do it? Can I connect directly or should I build an adapter?

Thank you,

Paolo

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi paolog,

Hi paolog,

You could connect it directly to the SWD pins ( see datasheet to found that pins). Please take a look at our DK schematics, so that you can understand how you can connect the JTAG interface.

//www.xmece.com/sites/default/files/um-b-114_da14531_devkit_pro_hardware_user_manual_1v3.pdf

If you have any of our DKs, you could use it as SWD interface. All DA145xx Development Kits contain a Segger J-Link device that provides Serial Wire Debug (SWD) capability. By default, this J-Link device is connected to the DA145xx device on the Development Kit board, however it is possible connect it to your own hardware, allowing the Development Kit board to act as a Debug Probe.

http://lpccs-docs.dialog-semiconductor.com/Tutorial_SDK6/debug_probe.html

Thanks, PM_Dialog

paolog
Hi PM_Dialog, thank you for

Hi PM_Dialog, thank you for the documentation.

I'm not using any DK at this time, but I need anyway to solve this as it will be needed in case we'll bring the module to production on our own board.

所以,如果我是正确的,这些似乎connections (Segger 20-pin JTAG / Module):

VTref / VBAT
GND / GND
nTRST / n.c.
TDI / n.c (or from SWDIO, like 1-wire RX/TX?)
TMS / SWDIO
TCK / SWCLK
RTCK / GND
TDO / GND (or?)
nRESET / RST?

Is this correct?

Thank you,

Paolo

PM_Dialog
Staff
Hi Paolo,

Hi Paolo,